Built with the same quality construction and components, the Hammersmith is as the name and vintage, yet modern, look suggests. The Hammersmith’s diode clipping gain structure projects lush British-inspired, midrange heavy distortion. Back panel boasts a dialable "deep" control. A new look for Diamond, the Hammersmith is up for anything you can throw its way.
The Hammersmith also features a real, correctly-designed effects loop. You don't need a foot switch; you don't have to push a button. Just plug a cable into the effects send and the loop activates. The loop is tube buffered and will not affect your tone.
The front panel features a master volume, which reads E. Return (effects return). When the loop is on, the E. Return knob acts as the amp's overall master - turn this knob up or down to increase or decrease the amps overall volume. When the loop is off, each channel's volume control acts as that channel's master volume.
Like all current and future Diamond Amplification products, the Hammersmith features the highest quality components and construction. Every component was selected and tested for this head. The Hammersmith uses 6 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 Sovtek 5881's for its power stage. Each part was personally spec'd and tested by us to ensure maximum performance and reliability, from the transformers to the switches and knobs.
The head features a perforated metal grille set in Diamond’s new Diamond-shape Tolex wrapped front panel, and an accompanying black grille on the back finished in black powder coating. Even the knobs are metal for look and feel.
All its channels are foot-switchable from the Hammersmith's footswitch.
- 100 watts (4 x Sovtek 5881 - 6 x 12AX7)
- 2 fully independent channels (Channel 1 - Clean/Channel 2 - Crunch)
- Both Channels feature Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
- Rear panel dialable “deep” control
- Ohm selector switch for 4, 8 or 16ohm output.
- All components specifically spec'd and tested by Diamond before inclusion in the product.
- Independent LED's indicate which volume/gain is active and whether the boost is engaged.