This Yamaha original design incorporates a sub-frame just below the rocker shaft to deliver greater stability and durability.
Drummers will experience smoother, more stable movement particularly in double pedal setups since bearings for both the main and remote beaters are incorporated into the sub-frame.
- New foot pedals are designed with a wider toe section (a) that offers subtler foot control compared to previous designs. The heel section (b) has been narrowed to maintain the perfect weight balance of prior models and improved performance.
- A low resistance, snag-free surface allows finer foot positioning for more delicate footwork.
- Putting some distance between the beater shaft and the rocker shaft gives Yamaha pedals their unique feel.
- The two-way beater offers two ways to play. Instead of simply attaching plastic to the felt, the plastic is wrapped around a large mass of felt delivering greater playability with the felt side.
- Adding a sub-frame just below the rocker shaft, which is subject to the brunt of the load placed on the foot pedal, provides greater durability and stability that withstands intense pedal work.
- A teardrop shaped shaft hole holds the shaft in place more securely while eliminating worries about slippage during performance.
- The double chain drive offers reliable and durable operation with uniform action. The FP9500C/8500C and DFP9500C/9500CL come with a belt letting you switch to a belt drive system if preferred.