The answer to the question is drums that give you the sound you need, whenever you need it.Tonal requirements vary among drummers, differ with dynamics, and change, from band to band, song to song, moment to moment. With the Absolute Hybrid Series drums, Yamaha has succeeded in addressing this, with a drum set that possesses an extraordinary degree of expressive power, allowing drummers to pursue a level of expression that perhaps they've not experience before in their other drums. These drums offer a wide dynamic range that allows them to respond accurately to each and every stroke, and follow changes in dynamics, nuance, and touch, letting you play what you want to play.
- The new Absolute Hybrid Series inherits the hybrid shell technology found on our flagship PHX Series. On Absolute Hybrid shells, the design consists of a core ply of wenge a very hard and heavy wood native to Africa, sandwiched between plies of maple, well known for its clear tone. This hybrid design delivers a drum tone that plays rich and clear across the full dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo.
- Hook lugs offer quick and easy head replacement, precision tuning, and can readily handle high-tension tuning. Lug bases are designed with a small footprint to maximize tone output from the hybrid shell.
- An evolutionary step up from our YESS IIm tom mount, the YESS III reduces acoustic dampening even further. Allowing the shell to vibrate more freely, the YESS III mount brings out more of the shell's natural sustain and volume.
- The bearing edge angle on the bass drum differs from the angle used on the tom and snare shells to optimize tonal balance in the drum set. A 45°/R1.5 edge is used on the snare and toms to a balanced tone; while a 30°/ R1.5 edge on the bass drum shell brings out more low-end tone for a deeper, more powerful sound.
- The vent hole plays an important role in performance, since it affects not only the sensation of hitting the drum (the impact) but also the initial sound, sustain and tone. Through an exhaustive series of prototypes, YAMAHA has discovered the optimal number and vent hole position depending on the air capacity of each shell. Particularly, vent holes contribute to the enhancement of tone colors in midrange to low-frequency sounds, as well as the control of sustain.
- Shell interiors are coated with our exclusive "Vintage Natural" finish for enhanced tone and refined looks.
- Aluminum die-cast hoops deliver a strong tight sound with an extraordinary attack and decay.
- 14x6 "Maple-Wenge-Maple Hybrid Shell 6.2mm (inner VN paint)"
- AIR HOLE: 6
- Hook Type Lugs
- 3.0mm Aluminum Die-cast Hoop
- Bottom: Remo Snare Ambassador
- Batter: Remo Coated Ambassador