The Spitfire II (the two channel version) sports the original Spitfire I’s voicing in Channel 1 and a full, rich vintage higher gain Channel 2 with DA’s signature dual volume, gain design. Channel 2’s voicing is big and tight like the best of the vintage heads with an updated feel featuring plenty of lows and mids.
The Spitfires now also feature a “half-power” switch allowing the power rating to be changed from 100 to 50w with the flip of a switch.
The Spitfire line also features DA's signature "low focus" switch on the rear panel. The low focus switch provides 3 positions - low, mid, high. Moving from low to high focuses the low end relative to the mids and highs as well as creates an evenness across all the strings to the high E is not overrung by the low E.
To retain versatility and functionality, the Spitfire has a real, correctly-designed effects loop. You do not need a foot switch; you do not have to push a button. Just plug a cable into the effects send and the loop activates. The loop is tube buffered and will not affect your tone.
The front panel features a master volume, which reads E. Return (effects return). When the loop is on, the E. Return knob acts as the amp's overall master (turn this knob up or down to increase or decrease the amps overall volume) and the volume control for each channel acts as the effects send level control. When the loop is off, each channel's volume control acts as that channel's master volume.
Like all current and future Diamond Amplification products, the Spitfire features the highest quality components and construction. Every component was selected and tested for this head. The Spitfire features 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 Sovtek 5881's for its power stage. Each part was personally spec'd and tested by us to ensure maximum performance and reliability, from the transformers to the switches and knobs.
The head sports a British tan tolex-wrapped front panel windowed for look and ventilation by perforated metal grille. The head shell is available in black or matching British tan. Even the knobs are metal for look and feel. Corner irons are included on every corner to add to the strength and stability of the box.
- 100 watts (4 x Sovtek 5881 - 6 x 12AX7)
- 2 fully independent channels (Channel 1 - Clean/Channel 2 - Crunch)
- Both Channels feature Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
- Dual Volume/Gain Channel 2 (switchable, allows for two gain settings with 2 volumes for level adjustment to match volumes)
- Rear panel low frequency 3-position adjustment switch (allows for changing the amount and character of the bottom end - effects both channels)
- 2 button footswitch included for access to Ch 1/2 or Ch2 A/B
- 1/2 Power "Pentode-Triode" Selection Switch for 50/100 watts
- Ohm selector switch for 4, 8 or 16ohm output.
- Vintage tan tolex-wrapped front panel for a distinctive look on stage.
- All components specifically spec'd and tested by Diamond before inclusion in the product.
- Independent LED's indicate which volume/gain is active and whether the boost is engaged.
- Properly designed, tube-driven effects loop (shorting jack so the loop will automatically engage when cables are plugged in and disengage when cables are removed).
- Front panel Effects Return control that acts as an overall master when loop is engaged for quick overall volume adjustment.